LeapFrog Scribble and Write Is An Awesome Educational Toy That Will Keep Your Kids Entertained For Hours!
Designed for children aged 3 to 5, the LeapFrog Scribble and Write looks like a PDA, except for the fact that it is made specifically for preschoolers. This is an educational toy that is meant to teach children how to write and read in a manner that is entertaining. There is a retraceable screen with patterns that children have to follow to write letters and create shapes, among others. It is a toy that can prove to be essential in developing shape and letter recognition, and well as development of fine motor skills as it comes with a stylus that will teach them how to write.
- 4 learning modes: Lines, Upper Case Letters, Lower Case Letters, Shapes and Activities
- Immediate feedback about writing accuracy
- Easy-grip stylus that encourages proper placement of fingers when writing
- Powered by 3 AA batteries
- Filled with Educational Elements: This is perhaps the most significant reason why the LeapFrog Scribble and Write is a good choice for educational toy. It will be the perfect tool to introduce young learners to writing and even typing.
- 2 Levels of Difficulty: One of the good things about this educational toy is that you can choose from two levels. The first one is perfect choice if children are just learning how to scribble. Level 2, on the other hand, is appropriate if they already need to learn writing accuracy. The levels can be easily selected from the buttons on the side.
- Well-Designed Stylus: Children will not be encouraged to play if the toy is complicated to use. In the case of the LeapFrog Scribble and Write, it has a user-friendly design, specifically its stylus. It is easy to grip and will teach children how to properly place their fingers on a pen. The best thing is that it is designed for both left and right-handed users.
- Instant Accuracy Feedback: Children will be provided with immediate feedback to let them improve on what they are doing. There is a verbal feedback that will let them know to try again.
- Durable Construction: As it is a toy built specifically for kids, it has a sturdy construction. It can withstand drops, but to an acceptable level. Generally speaking, it is built to withstand years of use.
Things to Consider
- Light Goes Off Quickly: One of the drawbacks of the LeapFrog Scribble and Write is that the light turns off pretty much quickly, which is quite frustrating if it is taking too long for kids to trace.
- Issues with Accuracy of Feedback: While the toy gives immediate feedbacks, many parents have complained about how it is inaccurate. Even if you draw the wrong shape, at times, the feedback will still be positive.
With the LeapFrog Scribble and Write, it will be easier to teach children how to write at a young age. Built to be durable ad user-friendly, you can choose from two different levels and kids can trace different letters and shapes. It provides immediate feedback, but some parents have noted issues with regards to its inaccuracy.